It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-07

I wrote this day before yesterday. I completely forgot to publish it. I think some of it is redundant. Anyway, enjoy.

Elle's computer

Nat and I got Elle's computer up and running. It took me a couple of tries to get the OS working. It is stressful, how much of a pain in the butt Windows is to set up off a network. I much prefer Linux, though it uses the net for the install as well. We have not plugged it in to a network until we are comfortable that Elle will not have Internet access without our direct oversight. All the little games and educational programs that we have found use the software as a way to access online content. Some of the software will not work at all until the web is accessible. What a pain.

it is amazing how quickly she took to it. She stood over my shoulder, not easy at three foot and change, for the whole time I was trying to assemble and install the system. She hopped on and didn't look back. She needed some help getting some things started. We had to hunt down a set of headphones. Elle still hasn't grasped the idea of closing programs before removing the CD. We have time to work on it.

Nat says "Great. Now I have to computer addicts." We think it is is highly advantageous for Elle to have experience getting things done on computers. Lets face it, she is going to have to do it for the rest of her life. School is thick with computers these days. Everything is MS. I think the school system could do better and much cheaper than that. I'm not the one in charge.

I think Natalie was as excited as Elle to get the computer up. Nat put pictures on the box and goodness knows what else. I went to bed at midnight and Nat was still setting things up with Elle. I know it was a bit late, but Elle wouldn't have slept any way. I can't wait to find out what Elle has learned.

No comments: