It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-19

Bad weekend

I just had a really terrible weekend. Every one around me tried to make it better. I refused to listen. So, what's wrong.

  • I'm not good at my job. I'm afraid I'm going to get fired for stupidity. The thing is, I'm normal. Every one else there is a genius.
  • If I do get canned, my only option for the moment is to go back where I used to work. it is a good place full of normal people like myself where I can shine. I'm not sure they want me. I know it is a different place than it used to be. I hear it is going to get bought out by a company that I do not really want to work for.
  • I'm broke. I'm slipping down the steep slide of brokenness. The day will come when someone shows up to the house and takes it away.
  • I'm no fun any more. I was never a lot of fun. Now I'm even less because of all the other stuff.

I'm sure I could come up with some other gripes. I'll spare my readers.

Nat and I went to a friend's house warming. We took a bottle of wine that we have not been able to drink only because it is too big to fit in our refrigerator. It is the kind that needs to be chilled once opened. The bottle is like half a miter tall so it would not fit without moving shelves around. I hope they liked it.

We pile in the car and head to Austin. I'm already being a jerk because I have no idea how I'm going to pay for gas. We get to the house after my wining about everything. Nat, understandably fed up with me, heads in and I take off for a walk to nowhere. I'm grumbling about being broke and wanting to jump in front of a bus. I wonder around for an hour or so until I have to pee and head back to the house. There was nowhere to take a leak. There are not as many fences in Austin as Houston. I could have gone behind a building I suppose.

When I got back to the lovely home of our friend's I basically moped around and then went to bed. We crashed there. I woke up around 11:00 and wondered outside. I got in the car and listened to a little hand held radio for a while. I have to say, Austin radio is much better than Houston. I stumbled on to a song by the Plain White T's. It was about a guy in love with a girl and how he will pay the bills with the guitar he is playing. It brought a tear to my eyes.

Then I kept flipping and came across A Prairie Home Companion show. They were talking about Summer and fresh sweet corn all smothered in butter and salt. That is the stuff man. I nearly balled. I think I've only had fresh sweet corn once in my life. It was just that good.

I was still a jerk the way home. As much as I gripe about this house, I felt miles better walking in the door. Elle is over at my parent's this evening. I ended up putting $24 worth of gas on the frigging card. When I got home MySpace pulled the same authentication crap where they make me log in fifteen times before I can look at my page. Centerpoint Energy doesn't understand that they have locked me out of my account so I have to call them tomorrow and explain that I need my password reset and stop asking me bullshit questions that I never gave them the answers too in the first place. I busted my hump trying to get things done at work, but it doesn't look very impressive on paper.

Tomorrow is another day. I'm about to go crash under our new ceiling fan that my dad put up. Now that I know how to do it, I'm going to give it a try in the other two bedrooms. Hell, I may put some up in the garage one day. I may put up some real lights out there too. We shall see.

With all this being broke business, I have no idea how Faire is going to go this year. It is going to go. I want to be there. I don't care if our friends can make it or not. I want Nat and I to have as much fun as we can. One of these days I'll figure the money thing out. Maybe. Maybe not. I need to figure out the whole life thing all at once really. There is more to it than money.

No comments: