It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-11

Python, wxWidgets, C, and C++

So, I finally get the wxPython crap working. I write a little demo program in it and start learning. Just in time to.get told by my boss "Oh, we don't need anything in Python, it all needs to be in C." I know dick about C. I took a class a long time ago. I can do a bit in a pinch. I will be slow on the up take in the beginning. I've got my two C++ books that I'm taking to work tomorrow. I have the basic hello world for wxWidgets working in C. I just need to wrap my head around things again.

I like Python. I hate how frigging hard it is to do the simplest things in C. Move a piece of data, no no. You need to point to the piece of data in memory and move the pinter around. Sort some data, no no. You point to the pointers that point to the data and then sort those in stead. It all makes about that much sense.

No comments: