It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-02

Podcast

So, I tried a program called gpodder yesterday. It didn't work. First, it downloaded MP3s OK, but it put them in this cryptic name format so you couldn't tell what had downloaded. Then, it refused to "synchronize"  it kept bitching that I needed to set up my drive. I set up my frigging drive, copy the damn files ... and give them the right frigging name while you are at it. Nope. Just a never ending circle of errors. I looked up the version and it turns out the gpodder on the Fedora yum repository is out dated. I ended up uninstlling it. I'll try something else today or tomorrow.

I miss my five-live. I used to listen to the BBC at work. That was one thing that was cool about my old job. BBC and internet radio.  They just seem to know how to present to people better in the UK. Radio in the States has gone to shit in a bad way. It's gotten to the point I can't listen to the radio. They have go to be doing it on purpose. The government wants those frequencies for other stuff. They are running listeners off to satellite or the internet. I just know it.

I bet I can get podcasts of all kinds of cool stuff. I know other news places have them available in both audio and video. I'm only interested in the audio stuff right now. I don't have internet at work, but I think I can get the podcast stuff to work. There isn't that much to it. As long as the software saves the files in a sane manor I'll figure things out. I've met some people who do podcasting stuff. It can't be that hard. Even on Linux.

...

Well, I'm trying Liferea tonight and I'm getting nowhere. It won't download anything. They have complex way of downloading frigging files. Just wget the files and stick them somewhere I can lay my mouse on them. That is apparently too much to ask.

No comments: