It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-12

If I were King

No, I think not.

  • You do not want me to have my finger on the button. I would drop the hammer on America's enemies. I would go on TV and laugh at their pain and make them admit they have lost before helping the ragged survivors. Be they hiding behind the skirts of our friends, then those are not our friends.
  • You don't want me making the rules for immigration. I would throw people out of this country who do not deserver to be here. I would round people up and put them in work camps until their back taxes are paid off. Then deport them. They would not be aloud to leave until they had ratted on their employers.
  • You don't want me to make the rules for employment. No one, and I mean no one would have an excuse to not work. If you are not qualified to do anything useful, then your job would be to help take care of someone who is truly unable to work. You would help them to work. If you are not in a coma, you can do something. If you are not in a coma, you can help take care of someone who is.

I would be the worse King the U. S. ever had. But damn it! I wish I could do something about the problems we have. The world is growing and maturing all around us. No one needs the mighty U. S. economy to guide the financial well being of the planet any more. People in South Korea enjoy the highest percentage of internet connectivity in the world. OPEC wants to stop using U. S. dollars as the basis for pricing oil. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has their own stock exchange.

The U. S. is not in decline. The rest of the world is catching up.

No comments: