It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-19

Homeland vs Fatherland

When someone in the media or on a blog says "Homeland" in reference to the U. S. It drums up memories of old WW II films where the Nazis called Germany the "Fatherland". It creeps me out. This morning on NPR I heard one of the emails that someone sent in said the same thing. It is no wonder people think the current administration is fascist. It is not. Fascism is far worse.

It comes from the Department of Homeland Security. (in a bad German accent) ze H. S.!! This is one time I wish someone had heired a PR firm before they settled on a name.

As I'm surfing the net I notice people use the term Fatherland Security to describe Homeland Security. I should have known that would happen. I'm not alone in thinking the names are that similar.

No comments: