It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-15

Digital TV

Did you know the powers that be are going to cut off normal analog TV all together on or about February 17, 2009? Well, I've been watching TV prices over the last couple of months. I noticed TVs without a digital tuner are plummeting  in price and have a warning that specifically says they do not do DTV.

I called my dad last night and asked if he would run Nat and I over to Sam's Club to get some shelves for the garage. He said yes. We really need the shelves. The garage is straight out of Sanford and Son. So, we got the shelves. Then we got some kitty litter. We were wheeling around the cart with three hundred pounds of merchandise.

My dad says "Lets go look at TVs." he has been talking about buying a TV. He wants something about 45 inches or so. I like the TVs on the middle isle. They are Vizio brand. I've heard of them. I think they are one of the rebranded TV, but I don't really care. I'm sure it is not the top of the line. I'm sure it has all the bells and whistles I'll need. It has a million plugs including the one for a computer monitor. It will do more than we need.

My father decides it for us. What a guy. I mean couches, a bed and now this. All in the same year. It is the exact TV I planned on getting when we had the money. It may not have been the same TV because you can't always catch the sales at Sam's Club.

So, we now have the x.1 channels. Nat just said she has never seen TV as clear as on that new TV. We don't even have cable and there are like 40 channels to flip through. We went from eight to forty. How cool is that?
We have Jurassic Park II playing on Fox at the moment.

Observations

  • I have noticed that the disparity between the sound of the show and the sound of the commercial is even worse on DTV. I mean by like double. It only encourages us to mute the commercials more than ever.
  • I cant even tell if we are receive any HD channels, but the digital ones sure look good.
  • Even the Simpsons looks better.
  • The TV is lighter than our old tube TV.
  • The menu system is not half bad. It took me three minutes to program all the channels.
  • We need a better antenna. Big time.
  • There was a beautiful sunset tonight. Not on the TV.
  • There was a beautiful rainbow the other way from the sunset. Also not on the TV.

Well, I'm off to surf all my new channels. Wish me luck.

Update: forgot the couches.

No comments: