It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-13

Stop to soar once in a while

Sometimes when I find myself trying to sleep, I had a hard day or maybe a fight, I lie there and try to think of something else. A friend of mine lost his father recently. That pain wars on me. Then I think of a hawk flying. The eagle is simply floating on the wind. His feathers flutter at the tips in the changing currents. The hawk doesn't pay any attention to the space. The hawk only has eyes for creatures running free on the ground. The hawk has no idea how beautiful and functional he is. Sometimes we forget to recognize the beauty of people. We float along, worried about the things happening around us. We forget to feel the wind. We forget to take a moment between mice and soar for the sake of being a hawk on the wing.

I've trained myself to think of the hawk when I'm trying to sleep. I imagine the ripples in the wing and twitches of the tail as the bird travels. Sleep comes pretty quickly if I can just keep it up for a while without other thoughts sneaking in.

We discussed lack of sleep today at lunch. It's been a while since I had trouble getting to sleep. I hope I do not jinx it. If it never happens again, it is too soon. When I mentioned I hadn't had a sleepless night in a while someone asked what the difference is. I said "A more challenging job." People agree that a stressful job does not help

No comments: