It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-27

Blogging Stuff

Nat said I left a bunch of stuff out of the Smart Car post from yesterday. She said I left out the bit that she would like the car as a run-about during the day while Elle is in school and that sort of thing. I stick to the fact that it can't hold the family so there would come times that she would have to run home and get the other car when she could have just swept by and got us on the way home from her errands. That point kind of fell through.

I'm lucky in one way, I know for a fact that my boss reads my blog. I am not tempted to say anything bad about him (here). He is an old friend of mine so if I had anything to say, I could catch him outside of work if need be and bring it up. Our friendship would survive most crap. It has so far anyway.

I could probably think of other stuff. My blog serves the following purposes in my life.

  • Vent (bitch and moan).
    I need an outlet to say some of the things that I cannot say to people's faces. There are times it isn't a a person. I might be mad at God or tired of the world and I just want to stand on top of a mountain and shout at the whole place at once.
  • Other outlet.
    I'm not sure how to explain it, but this blog satisfies my creative need for the most part. I put pictures and thoughts up here. I sometimes get stories stuck in my head and put them here to get them out. Expect something about an aquatic Smart Car soon. Ever since I saw the aquatic Top Gear It has stuck in my head about building a home made Perfect Houston Car, an aquatic Smart Car.
    • Drunk talk.
      You know what I mean. Where you have a few drinks and cook up some goofy idea and people build on it. How many space stations or cures for cancer have been built in people's minds while having the drunk conversation that never got recorded? Well, people think up that goofy stuff and only feel confident enough to talk about it while getting smashed among fiends. I do it here, because I don't drink much.
  • Spark conversation.
    Nothing puts a smile on my face like blogging something that we spoke about somewhere or, even better, someone mentions that they saw something on my blog and we end up talking about it. That is a kick.
  • Remember things over the long term.
    I've blogged about things that I know I'll need to know about in the future. These are usually computer related and I have a feeling that I'll need the same info again someday. This is a bad use of a blog really.
  • Tell people about me.
    "How far can you see?"
  • Help people keep up with what is going on in my life.
    I am paranoid about blogging events before they happen because someone might use the info to rob my house or something. Blogging after the fact is OK. Besides, what else is a blog for?
  • Leave a legacy.
    Not that it is a wonderful legacy. It is nice knowing the information here has a chance of out lasting me. Maybe after I'm dead, I'll get some hits. =]

Everything on this blog is filtered through my prospective. I make plenty of excuses, but that is just the way it is. I do not let any one else put in their two cents unless in a quote, hearsay or a comment. I've been thinking of killing the comments because of all the spam that goes on. I haven't been hit too many times, but once is enough to piss you off.

My first post started with "So, why a blog?" I've had some time to work out the details.

No comments: