It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-05-13

No more bad press

Iraq to bar press from blast scenes

Iraq's interior ministry has decided to bar news photographers and camera operators from the scenes of bomb attacks, operations director Brigadier General Abdel Karim Khalaf said on Sunday (local time).

...

"This decision does not imply a curtailment of press freedom, it is a measure followed all over the world."

Ya! everybody else is doing it. Why not us?

Actually, I'm not so sure it is a bad idea. I'm sick of the videos and pictures being run through the Al Qaeda filter and hitting the front page of every U. S. news paper and TV screen. What was this form of government we were thinking would flourish in the Middle East? Oh, was it democracy? Wait a minute, that requires an informed public. We can't have that. You have to have an educated public first. That puts the U. S. out. I'm a product of public schools and I know this.

No comments: