It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-17

YouTube
So, I've published a couple of videos on YouTube now. I've developed a taste for it. I had a feeling once I got my frigging Linux box to do some rudimentary video editing and conversion I would fall in love with video. Other people shot both of the videos I've put up so far. That isn't really my thing. I lie the editing and mechanical bits. I'm bad at shooting video. I'm getting a little better. The biggest thing is to hold the camera still it seems.

Tail of the weekend
There
So, we were going to go Friday evening. I'm not sure why. Adam had to cancel reservations through Expedia. Do not eve make reservations via Expedia. They are pricks when it comes to cancellation and customer service past initial sale.
Nat and I get up Saturday and call A&L. No answer. We head over there. No answer at the door. Hmmm. One of their cars is in the driveway. The garage is closed. We start heading back home and get a call. They were out back. I had started to think they left without us.
We hit the road. Adam instantly looses us in traffic. I mean, he bolts ahead and we get stuck behind dozens of cars in a long line. Nat does 90 for a half hour and we don't catch them until 71.
The hotel we stayed at was OK. I like the one we stayed at last year a bit better.

The Party
I had fun. Nat was worn out. I think she made the best of it. There were tons of folks in afro whigs. That would be because it was a fro-down party. I even got into the act with a bright orange topper. It itched too much to keep on for a while. Most of the other folks had plenty of hair to buffer the whig grinding into their scalps.
We Hit an HEB for breakfast food for the trip home. and went to bed.

Back Again
The next morning, we went to a restaurant called Mother's. That is, we would have. Mother's is a vegetarian place that is very good. It turns out a hobo was trying to cook a stake in the ally and burned the place down. Not to the ground, but they had to close. We ate across the street at some place with a Mexican sounding name.
We hit the road. This time we only followed Adam until we got to 71. I blew them a kiss and we didn't see them the rest of the trip.

Afterward
Nat and I got home and didn't get much of anything done. I think a couple loads of laundry. I cussed at the herbicide that did nothing to the super weeds that are growing back in the cracks in the cement. I did get the video edited and up on YouTube. It is boring. I cut some of the bits out that might have made people upset. I guess I need to carry the video camera around to catch interesting stuff.

No comments: