It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-04-11

Small Talk

Date Schmate

I thought yesterday was the eleventh all day. I have a bunch of messed up dates all over the place. I'm not even going to fix some of them. I mean, how important could it possibly be? <he asked sarcastically>

Fonts and Monitor Stands

I can't always read the fonts in programs so I blow the fonts up if I can. I've gone in to a couple of my programs and set the fonts back to defaults. I've noticed that having these monitor stands makes my body relax more and actually makes the screens easier for me to read. A strange side effect of the stands is an ache in my upper back. I've also noticed that it doesn't matter if I improve my posture or make it worse. Just the change makes muscles sore, regardless.

Video Jones
I have had a hankering to do some video. Now that I have had the taste of putting a video, even if shot by my mother, on YouTube, I feel the draw to do more. It would be a piece of cake if I were on a Mac. It would not even be all that difficult if I were on a Win-crap box. However, I'm on Linux. That is going to be a challenge. Hey, I need to learn as much as I can on how to get things to work under Linux. That is my job after all.

Web Woes
I'm doing some web editing at work and the only game in town is Dreamweaver. There is no comparative program that I can find in the open source world. Nothing holds a candle to the Adobe efforts in my book. I don't know what to do except find a way to use a different machine for any real web editing I need, or live with a different editor. I can't afford a different editor, so crappy editor it is.

Nat's Computer
Nat's Computer is dead. I wish I could get her a new one. At least the CPU anyway. I've kept my eye on Sam's computer shelf. They only have top end CPUs at the one we frequent lately. They only have full system deals too. We need to make it as inexpensive as possible, but I want to get her something that works.

Nat's Blog
Check out Nat's latest blog entry. It is a hoot and very well done. I notice I'm not in any of the pictures. I feel left out.

Random Picture
I took this picture this afternoon just after I got off work while waiting for the elevator. That is my lovely family waiting for me six floors below.
Family 6 floors down

No comments: