It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-03-27

Reminder
I'm typing a reminder email to myself as I type this. For example, yesterday, I sent a note to myself that said to bring in a USB mouse to PS/2 port converter. I need it for a KVM that really sucks. I tried it and it doesn't work anyway. That's not why I'm jotting this down.
I send myself an email from work to the house saying "Bring in a USB mouse thing." I dig it out of the bins-o-crap I cannot believe I found it. Then I reply to the email saying "Take the USB thing out of your bag." Well, I got to work this morning and saw a "reminder" email from myself. I could not remember for the life of me why I sent myself the email. The USB gizmo was in my pocket the whole time (not the bag).
My commute must be stressful or at least distracting. I'm lucky I can remember my name when I walk in to either work or home. When I get to work, I just want to get to work. That makes sense, right? When I get home, I just want to be home.
There is a new dimension to this reminder method. I can send myself emails from my phone now. It is a bare to type in, so, thankfully, I'll keep it brief. I bet it works though. I haven't tried it yet. It will probably work better than a string around my finger.

No comments: