It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-03-07

Father Daughter evening
Nat went to the rodeo concert last night. She said she had a ton of fun. I hope she blogs about it. Bill picked Elle up from school and dropped her off after I made it home. I've been working over time lately so that wasn't until after seven.
When Elle came in she was crying because she didn't want Bill to leave. She is getting older and I've noticed that she doesn't have the dread in her cry when people leave any more. She is getting older and I believe she understands that her life has some stability. She was in a pretty bad situation several years ago where her life was not stable. It was just hard times. Nothing too scary.
When Bill left. Elle cried for about another three minutes. Even then it was the whimper cries. Then we settled in. We watched a bit of TV. Elle learned how to change channels with the remote at some point. She watched some model show because there was singing and dancing. That is about right for a four year old.
At some point Elle got up to go to the bathroom and said "Don't touch the remote." ... I touched the remote. When she came back she put her hands on her hips and said "You touched the remote!" I said "Yup!" She plopped down in her chair and said "AARGH!! fiiiiine!!" Four going on sixteen.
Nat didn't get home until after we were all in bed. Elle went and got ready for bed when I asked her to. She hopped in bed when I asked her to. I don't think she was up in here room. Why can't all evenings be like that?

No comments: