It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-03-12

Daylight Savings Time
It's funny dealing with all the different operating systems and the different approaches to controlling clocks. Most of them have behind the scenes updates that take care of this sort of thing. Those work great, until you are on computers that are not connected to the internet. Then it is all done manually. No big deal, just time consuming.
And what's with Des Moines Iowa and Chicago Illinois being on the list of cities and not a single city in Texas. That is just plain annoying.
What is the point of daylight savings time these days? If any one asked me we should just all use UTC and figure out what time things are supposed to happen. I know people have a hard time with one-world-anything, but this is an exception. One of the guys up here said it gets him every time they make the switch. I have to say it hasn't been that big a deal for me this time. My schedule is messed up any way. I bet it affects those who have a firm routine greater than the chaotic folks like myself.
Frigging Edison started this crap to save candles. It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks it is a crappy idea to observe this silly tradition any more.

No comments: