It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-02-06

One year
It has been one year today since I started the new job. I suppose I can't call it a new job now. I've made it past a mile stone. the job is hard. Thats good.
So, I could lament over the past year. I could compare and contrast the two jobs. No one wants to hear that. The biggest difference is going from a fifty thousand person company to a roughly fifty person company. It is nice working for a medium company. I got closer to the folks I work with. It helps that I knew most of them before I worked here.
We have lunches together. We do things outside of work with each other. It is more of a village feeling.
However, When I used to work for a print house, I never felt the way I do here. The print house was a sweat shop. We kept getting new managers and they kept throwing up their hands and leaving. We were disgruntled. No one worked there because they wanted to. The only people who seemed to enjoy their job were the delivery people. They worked on contract and were paid pretty much per delivery. The rest of us just hated to be at work.
Maybe it was the smell. That place had a bad smell from all the chemicals we used in the different process. Now that I think about it, that may have had something to do with it.

No comments: