It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-01-15

Unix on the Mac
I'll have to do some homework. I've heard from one of the guys up here who bought a Mac recently that the Unix on the system is pretty cool. They do not use Xfree86 so if you want to use things like nEdit or other GUI programs, you have to build and install that first.
 I've always had a soft spot in my geek heart for Mac. I wish I had the drive to get one. They just plane cost too frigging much. Now that they come with an Intel processor, SATA drives, and standard stuff like fire wire and USB, there just isn't enough unique about them to worry about paying the extra money. The OS is nice, but you are still in the Apple sandbox. The hacker community is on the ball making how-to instructions for getting a bunch of stuff to work.
I'm still not sold.

No comments: