It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-19

Old
So, I was watching the Simpsons the other day when I noticed something very interesting. They don't have the appeal they used to. It has got to be the stereotypical characters and the over played plots that are finally getting to me. I've heard someone quote the Simpsons and then say "back when they were funny." That kind os scares me. I mean, it has been nearly twenty years. I watched the first season way back when I had just dropped out of collage for the first time.
I used to laugh at the antics. I used to play my life out in my mind while I watched. Somehow I sympathized with the different characters as they drifted in and out of the choppy plots. The jokes eased my day. Something happened several years ago that has eaten away at the pleasure that the Simpsons show brought me. The world seems more harsh and sharp now. There is not a day that goes by, not for a long time, that I don't feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. I'm doing my part.
TV used to give me moments of ease. I cannot watch TV any more unless the show is pure escapism. Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, It seems Fox has my number. I just want to laugh at someone else's pain and not feel bad for it. That is not such a bad thing is it?

No comments: