It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-12-11

Blown tire.
We hit a curb last night. We were on Dairy Ashford, the best maintained street in South East Texas, and hit a piece of curb that was jutting out from the edge of the street. There were tire marks on it already, so we were not the first. it nipped the side wall of the tire and blew it out. Not only that, but the front wheels were not aimed the same direction. They were toed out a bit. It is good to have friends. Ken came to the rescue and helped (actually, he did it mostly by himself) change the tire. We put the doe-nut on and pulled the car in a parking lot. Nat commented the steering felt funny even at five miles an hour. The tow truck showed up and we got it home.
Nat took care of getting the car over to the dealership this morning. We have a rent car thanks to our insurance for the moment. I really hope our insurance covers more than that. Times are tight.
This puts me in the mood to buy a truck. So much so, that I had a dream last night that Nat and I bought my father's Nissan. I dreamed that Nat was complaining that it was a stick. I looked around an thought "When did we get a stick? This is my dad's truck." I remember making the comment that Nat drove better in a stick. I was probably talking in my sleep.
Ken, the tow truck driver, the buddy we called who has a car dolly, well, just about every one has told me the same thing. "Get a truck." I would love to get a truck. As soon as I can afford the gas, I'll get a truck. This town and being a home owner demand a vehicle that can carry crap, go through more than ankle deep water, and get over a curb. Nat wants a minivan. I want to puke. Will every one please convince Nat that minivans suck.

No comments: