It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-09

written 2006-11-07
Lunch Conversation

There wasn't much to go over about to day's lunch. The discussion wondered around and always came back to bad (and I mean bad) jokes. They were the kind of jokes that don't even make sense, but you are supposed to laugh at them because they don't make sense.  Is this a trend or something? I've caught other folks doing that.
The subject of Wal-Mart forcing drug companies to sell to them for less came up. Basically, Wal-Mart came out and said "We are going to sell your drugs for $4 and you can just deal with it." That is a great idea. If things pan out, it will be a good thing if someone, even Wal-Mart bends these fuckers over a barrel and forces them to drop their prices. I don't even care if research is hurt because I'm tired of the U. S. consumer funding 100% of the research and every one else in the world getting the drugs below cost.
While Wal-Mart is at it there are a few other things I would like them to force the industry to standardize.
# Chargers. Tell me there could not be one or two standard chargers that would work fine for 99.5% of all small electronics.
    o One for phones and mp3 players. (< 400 mili-amp)
    o One for laptops and small TVs (< 2 amp or so)
    o One for for larger things like car batteries.
# Data cables. This has already been done. You should be able to plug one phone into another with a standard USB cable or Blue tooth and transfer everything without using a computer.
If Wal-Mart came out and told companies they will have to peddle their wares elsewhere if they don't comply, they would flinch.
I was sure I had blogged about this before, but I couldn't find it.

No comments: