It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-24

Song I Hate
I HATE Red Red Wine. I hate it. I can't stand it. It gives me an instant hang over when it comes on. I hate it by every artist who copied the original. I don't even remember who the original was. I don't car. I hate that song.

Filter Script
Well, the script I wrote to filter files at work seems to be working pretty well. I have some output below. The bottom three numbers should add up to about the first number. The song "Red Red Wine" was the inspiration for this filter. I'll leave that to your imagination.

Total files processed   > 52628
Good files in playlist  > 49806
Bad files out of list   > 1066
Non music files         > 1756

Bellow is my current filter list. Right now the script uses an exact match. I want to try regular expressions at some point, but on this number of files I'm afraid it may slow the script down to the point of making it annoying. It already takes 3.5 minutes or so to run. That is mostly IO for getting the file names over the network. I read there is a python module for dissecting MP3 meta data. I'm going to look into it sometime in the future. This is a fun way to teach myself Python.
Remember, this is the stuff I don't want.

    "/U2",
    "Radiohead and U2",
    "_U2_",
    "pimsleur", "Pimsleur",
    "/Spice Girls",
    "/N.E.R.D.",
    "/Luca Turilli",
    "Red Red Wine", "RedRedWine",
    "Barry White",
    "Destiny's Child",
    "/George Clinton",
    "Quad City",
    "Love Tractor",
    "To All the Girls I",
    "Motley Crue",
    "/Living Colour",
    "/Rush ",
    "Disgustipated",
    "Tripping The Light Fantastic"

No comments: