It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-08

Makes me sick.

A Muslim minicab driver refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was "unclean".
Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni told Jane Vernon she could not get into his car with the dog because of his religion.

Basically, it is a bunch of cab drivers imposing their religious beliefs on the rest of society. It makes me sick. You don't find many Evangelical Christens working at adult book stores (I don't think). You don't find many Muslims at pig slater houses. Maybe cab driver is just not a compatible job for the Islamic religion. Hey, it happens.
It sounds like it is coming down to the battle of the minorities. I can't wait to find out how this ends. Will the cab drivers let the seeing eye dogs on the cabs? Will the blind people have to find non Muslim cab drivers? Will blind people be band from bringing their dogs on all cabs? What will it be after that?
Since I am legally blind, I take a vested interest in the story. I'll keep my ears open for a resolution. I may find a lawyer just in case I need to defend my rights here in the U. S.
Another blog entry on the subject.

No comments: