It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-09

Dream of Faire
Truck
I read somewhere that they are finally going to start selling those vans in the U. S. that I keep catching on international news stories from all over the word. They are basically Isuzu trucks you see everywhere with a different bed/cab put on the frame. They are very cheep, pretty efficient, relatively reliable, oh, did I mention cheep? They drive like a tank and are not much on the amenities. One big advantage they have is the towing capacity of a heavy pickup truck.
So, what does this have to do with my dream? Thank you for  asking.
Dream
I had dream that Nat and I were at faire driving one of those vans with an Arrow-Stream trailer behind us. The whole gang had migrated from tents to RV trailers. I suppose we are all getting to that age. Nat and I were talking about it. There  are four shower units that make it out to the cam site at one point or another. There is at least one every weekend. That is not including RV showers.
So, even when I can't make it to the camp grounds, I dream of making it to the camp grounds. It isn't fare I'm thinking about. It is camping. I enjoy the camping more than the faire. I dug out my old MagLite, just because I can. I even found some old rechargeable D batteries to use with it. I may abandon them for alkaline because they are dim. Nat got me some batteries. The funny thing is, the 1 watt LED flashlight I carry is as bright as the two cell MagLite at close range. You cannot get a beam with the LED though. I can't wait to check out the LED MagLite somewhere.
I really missed fare this weekend. Nat begged me to go. She had a great time. She ended up going both days. She owns her own chainmail and the shop where they have the show needed people. She managed to get a ticket for Sunday on Saturday. So, why not?
What did I do?
Well, I had all these plans of writing a Python script for creating an xmms play list. I wanted to do some research for investing. I wanted to mow the back yard. I did absolutely none of it. As a matter of fact, I didn't even think of most of it until today at work.

No comments: