It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-18

Video
Cinelerra sucks. The idea is great. I like the way the program works and the user friendly interface. Let me go through some of the trials I've had with the software.
# Loaded the RPM 1.2.2. When I try to render (basically save completed project) The program simply went away. The moment I hit the button, all five windows of Cinelerra disappeared and so did my project.
# I loaded a new RPM 2.0.x. I got some different errors and the software ran like crap.
# I loaded another new RPM 2.0.x built on the same distribution FC5. Cinelerra had the exact same problem as 1.2.2 where the program simply disappeared when I tried to render.
# I downloaded the source code to 2.0.x. I got the prerequisites and installed them. I got Cinelerra to build and install. I managed to render my first AVI. Well, almost. It got right up to the end then Cinelerra crashed. The AVI was all there, but ran at something like four times speed.
I'm reading in some forums that I'm lucky I got this far. There is a blog out there where a guy explains going through video editing on Linux. Half his blog is bitching about Cinelerra and getting things to work there in.
The video is up. I used Kino to edit it. I may have to make this my norm for a while. Kino is pretty lame, but it seems to get the minimum job done. That is more than I've gotten out of Cinelerra so far.
While I was complaining about Linux and video software, Nat (I love this woman) digs in a box and finds the software that came with my computer. She says "Look here Kelly. 'DVD author EZ' and 'Blah-blah Movie Maker deluxe'. These came with your computer."
"Yes dear." I answer. She is pretty sick of my griping. Did I mention that the video is up? And, now Microsoft products were used in the production of that movie. So, "nyaaaaa!"

No comments: