It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-15

Dead Linux
And on the fourth day, the keyboard stopped repeating key strokes. You know, when you hold a key down and the letter goes off the screen, that stopped working after the machine  at work was up for four days. It is funny stuff like that that collapses in Linux. I bet I could have got it working again if I were just plane amazing at Linux. I'm not. So, I had to <hush> reboot my Linux box to get it working attain.
I asked what it would take to get more memory in my desktop and both my roommates laughed at me at the same time, with that "humph" sort of laugh of frustration felt by those who have been down that road many times. Great. I'll live with what I have.
I have managed to only bring a mechanical pencil and a cordless mouse to work so far. Hopefully that is all that I will bring up here. One thing I liked about my old job is they had good supplies most of the time. At the new job, we have a supply shelf. It has some pretty random stuff show up. I found a 90 triangle that I use all the time. I hadn't seen one of those since my father brought a bunch of his stuff home when I was a kid. I use ti to draw up a table so I can keep track of what goes where and what tests ran. I recreate it every day. I would like to do it on the computer, but the place we keep the data does not accept HTML, so putting it in tabular form on the computer is really a waste.

No comments: