It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-22

Party Sunday
Something that stuck with me about the two different parties we went to this weekend is the difference between the groups of people. The Saturday party was with a group who call themselves Chaos. It has been around for a very long time. They have their spot all picked out at the camp grounds at Faire. They used to have a tower out there for the entire season, but that is forbidden now. Everything is forbidden now. The faire operators have gotten organized. Anyway, the tables at the bar we all gathered at were like the geographical boundaries between sects or clans within the Chaos group. Every table had that click hanging around it seems. There were plenty of exceptions. Maybe I didn't catch what was going on correctly. The whole group seemed fractured.
We had fun. that's what matters.
The Sunday group was a more loosely nit bunch who called themselves "the Goblin Nation". The King and Queen run a shop called "Goblin  King" at TRF. I'm not sure what the difference is exactly. I know the clicks inside the larger group have not fractured the over all feel of the nation. There are some over lap folks like Nat and I. I think we have just not found our spot.
Nat and I hang out quite a bit with another group called Safe Haven. The fractures in this group are widening every day. People just want different things out of the same situation. I cannot say it is a bad thing. I just want to go to faire, hang out with a bunch of drunk idiots like myself and have some fun. It is the different interpretation of "fun" that gets me in trouble. Nat and I are the butterflies that bounce from group to group. I find that in itself fun. I like walking around the camp ground and just saying hi to people.
There is every kind of person in both groups. There is every imaginable character walking around the camp grounds at faire. you name it. Weapon toting hot heads. Knobby kneed black haired angels waring only a vale, prancing between the tents and singing in a language that died before Christ was born. I'm telling you, anything might be found wondering that labyrinth.
There really is a presents of that something greater when so many people gather in a common way.
Wow, I got off topic.
One funny thing that happened is the sumo wrestling. Of course, there is one huge guy who could just about take any one there in a fair fight or otherwise. He goes by Mongo. he is sworn to protect the queen and yet they were both in the ring apposing each other. The queen won 2 to 1 rounds if memory serves. She tweaked his nipples for one win, and waltzed him out of the ring for the other. Maybe that ended in a tie. That would make a cool sport. Waltzumo. Interesting.
It was some kind of hot. I don't know how the people who were rolling around the ring could keep from passing out. All I did was stand there and take some pictures and I was sweating bullets. Elle was full of energy. She had several adults panting who were trying to play with her.
I really hope Safe Haven doesn't go the way of Chaos. I mean Chaos is a fun group to hang out with. It seems like there internal strife is tarring it asunder. It would be great if a strong leader would bring them all together again. I bet that is all it would take.
I really hope we all get together and do more stuff outside faire. It has been a ton of fun with all the people and all the groups. Even strangers who show up to the camp ground end up bing fun in one way or another. Sometimes you end up laughing at people instead of with them, but those things happen.
Something I've heard from at least one member of every single group are the following words. "It is good to be me." That is a sign of a good time.

No comments: