It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-05

New Hire
I got a note from a friend at my old job that they hired a replacement for my position. That felt a little funny. It was inevitable. I really like my new job. I've been here six months. I feel like I'm contributing. I hope the people who matter think so. Things go around in circles. It still feels strange.
It does make me feel like I cannot or possibly should not go back. I remember when a buddy left the old company for about a year or so to pursue better opportunities at t-pro.. The experience seemed to be wonderful for him. He came back to the old company a much better and more experienced worker.
I do not miss being a contractor. I always felt like a second class citizen because I had a different color badge. They even made us go through different doors for a while. That didn't go over well.
Do I want to go back? Well, I was there just shy of nine years. it was fun. I learned a lot. It felt like time to move on. Who is to say what the future will be like. I have fantasies of living in the country off a lake in the woods and telecommuting. That is the best case scenario for me I think. It seems like that is just out of reach.

No comments: