It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-02

Walk
I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I used the excuse of walking to Home Depot as a cover. I could not find the bug killer in the garage. It was ten dollars worth of poison that should last five years. It's gone now. Nat will take one look around the place and find it I'm sure. That or someone walked off with it. A lot of people have been in that garage. It has been set someplace, I'm sure.
Anyway, I walked through the neighborhood instead of walking down 1093. The weeds push me out in the street. I walked down the trail that goes long side the creek. It wasn't a bad walk. There are no sidewalks of course. At least someone mows occasionally. It ends up straight at one of the bus stops behind the mall. The way I took through the streets was quite a distance out of my way. by the time I got to the back of the mall, I knew it was to much to haul a jug of whatever back to the house.
It felt good to get out of the house and jut wonder the surrounding area. There is a sidewalk not far from our place that skips about four meters. It is the line between the newer houses, on our side, and the older houses around the corner. There are trees smack in the middle of the path for the sidewalk. I wonder if they were there for years. The contrast is interesting. The older sidewalks are sunken and broken. The grass has grown over in bits. The trees drop shadows. The new sidewalk is bright, but bare. There are no trees bigger than my thumb on this side yet.
I meant to mow the yard this morning. The ground is mushy from all the rain. The back yard is about to look like the lot next door. On my walk, I noticed a bunch of houses with poorly mowed yards. There were several that looked nice. It looks like every other neighborhood in the world I suppose.
I'm watching an old cowboy movie called "The Proud Ones" right now. I'll have to get it after work, or on the Fourth. I have the Fourth of July off, but not Monday. A bunch of folks took tomorrow off. I'll find plenty to get done, don't worry. A coworker recommended chair races. Another mentioned office Olympics like on the show "Office". I'm not sure about that. I can't wait to find out what kind of day tomorrow becomes.
Now, it's raining outside. It's a good thing I got the wonder out of me.

No comments: