It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-19

Lunch Conversations
The topics at lunch today were haircuts and collage educations. I didn't fit in to either one. I shave my head because I fear watching myself go bald. I didn't make it thought collage because I had not yet learned to compensate for my disability, nor had I learned how to cope with social situations. All the people in the collage conversation were engineers or other four year degree holders. I attended school for over four years all together. I have no idea how many hours I ended up with, but none of them added up to anything. There is a apparently a law now in Texas if you total more than 200 hours (or something like that) you start paying out of state tuition.
I do not miss high school. I do not miss middle school or any school before collage. I mis collage. I never fit in better any where else. Well, perhaps I fit in OK at work. I fit in with specific groups of friends. I don't even fit in online most of the time. Too many kids running around. (insert old coot voice here.) I'm happy where I am. I want for little that is not just a new toy. Things are pretty good. I should remember that more often.
By the way, I did not participate in the conversations. I just sat back and hung on every word. It was nice sitting back and observing the 20% of our society with a degree interact amongst themselves.

No comments: