It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-06

Booooooooom!
Elle learned a couple of new words while in Kansas. "Firecracker" being the most disturbing. I suppose it could be worse. I remember a friend's child who used to say "Booooooom!" in a scream and ram his head into something. I never witnessed it. I never witnessed the other word they taught him to say either. I like my friends.
Elle informed us she got to play with firecrackers. Great. We spend all week keeping the neighbors from burning our house down and Elle comes back with a new adventure under her belt.
I was nuts over all things on fire or explosive when I was a kid. I grew out of it for the most part. Now, I am the old fart who tells the kids to stay off his grass, even though it looks like shit right now. I like being that guy though. I'm going to get a law blower just to leave it running for no reason at full blast for hours every Saturday morning at 6:00. That will make the neighbors love me.

Chocolate Fall

Chocolate Fountain

Staybecca brought in a chocolate fall thing to work today. It was quite a welcome extraction. She also brought in some fruit and marshmallows. I had one little tub of the stuff and had to leave before I made myself sick. Ask my mom about me getting sick from eating too many marshmallows.
I had enough self control to eat the wonderful kolaches Nat got me for lunch before I dove in the fountain of slow bloated death. I wish I could have brought some for the family.

Someone Else
So, I run tests on big fast computers over night. This morning I noticed a parity error on one of the machines. I was reporting it to the proper person when the spell checker noticed I had misspelled parity. The spell checker wanted to change it to parody. I love the error message that popped in my head.
"Server 9 has a parody error. It is making fun of me. Tell it to stop!!!"
I hadn't had my coffee yet, so it was funnier this morning.

No comments: