It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-23

Uneasy
I have an uneasy feeling. It is one of those times where you find yourself on edge for no obvious reason. I had some kind of strange dream last night that I didn't remember.  I awoke with the most uneasy feeling. I have not shaken the state all day. I worked with it on the back burner. I mowed the grass. The strangest thing today has been the rain. The sun was out all day. That is, until about 4:30. That is how Summers go in Houston. Every day about 4:30 it rains all summer. The rain came hard and quick. The view from the sixth floor was thick and dark. Nat Called and said it was not raining only a few blocks away. The rain was like a wave going down Westheimer. One moment bright sunshine, dry roads. and within 100 yards a torrent and a flooded street.
Something dark came round. Something heavy. Now, I'm afraid of nothing.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

You were being a meany butt today. If a dream put you in that kind of mood all day, then you need to start talking about your dreams or something. The meany butt thing just is not working...especially on a day when I have to take a pet to a shelter (because she bit Elle twice, never breaking skin) where I had to sign a paper telling me there was a chance that she would be put to sleep. I cried alot today...and then you were being a meany butt on top of everything...and you broke the car (but that can be fixed and it really is not a very important part)...
I'm going to bed now.