It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-09

Stories
Where to begin a story. Where to end. There is an art to telling a good story. There is an art to telling a good joke. There is more than
saying words. So many jokes do not translate when writing them out. Some work better.
A friend of mine asked a question of someone the other day. "What are you passionate about that you are bad at?" Our mutual friend Ken likes telling jokes, but he doesn't have the timing down. I'm passionate about writing my blog. I'm not particularly that good at it. I so very much enjoy it. I like telling stories, with words, pictures, some day video if I get the gumption to make it work in Linux. I like making things work on computers. I like diagnosing things. I'm not particularly that good at this either.
What does being passionate about something mean?
I think the best story teller in moder music is Tom Waits. I love his work. I need to find some of his poetry. I've heard it is great too. You may not get the comparison, but Tom Waits reminds me quite a bit of Willie Nelson. Not in the talent department, because they both have far differing talent pools from which they draw their muse. They both tell stories in their songs.

I almost didn't publish this one because it is a bit too rambling.

No comments: