It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-03

Pay me to watch ads

The program, called SugarMama, lets people earn one minute of talking time by watching 30-second commercials on a computer or receiving text messages on their phones, then answering questions to prove they were, in fact, paying attention.

I have been waiting for this. There has been some speculation at work about it too. I've said it a million times that I'm just plane tired of advertisements. I know they keep things cheep, but I'm just plane tired of it. I picture people watching a movie with one eye and clicking "next" on the screen when it pops up. Is there going to be a quiz after each ad. That will not go down well.
What else can I pay for by watching ads? Will my time become the new currency? Will I have to watch an ad for tampons to buy bread? I'm telling you, advertisement, nay, marketing is the mark of the beast.

No comments: