It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-14

Elevator Conversation
I over heard a conversation waiting for the elevator today. It is proof that girls can be just as over driven as boys while being trained to perform sports.
Guy: "One of my twins got hit by another girl while playing soccer last night. She is alright, but got the wind knocked out of her.
The very next play my other twin and this girl were both running for a ball. It was a fifty fifty ball. They came together and my kid knocked the crap out of the other girl. Knocked her clear into the stands past her parents. All the parents went nuts."
Gal: "It kind of makes you proud when your kid knocks some other kid when they deserve it."
Guy: "Yup."
They then went into a back and forth about what the two kids might have said to one another in the exchange of blows.
Gal: "I know a sports therapist. She worked with a family. The mother and daughter were at a grocery store. Another woman's cart bumps into the Mother's cart. The other woman says 'excuse me', but the daughter got angry and kept saying 'Are you going to take that from her?'
We all do that sort of thing."
She then brought another woman into the conversation who seemed a bit disturbed by it.
They both laughed and made no attempt to resolve the acts or conclude the conversation with a non-violent close.
I then got off the elevator. I can see Elle getting into fights. The way Nat and I treat each other. We both have strong personalities. (We are both assholes about fights) I will never forget when Elle was throwing a fit and screamed "I'M NOT MAAAAAAD!!!!" while trying to take a swing at me.

1 comment:

Chica said...

I feel really proud when I see my daughter standing up for herself. My mom always told me growing up that if someone messes with you you should tell a teacher or a grown-up. I disagree with that, so I am glad my daughter can hold her own. My son, well, that is another matter.