It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-20

Tagged
This is one of those silly games that go around the blogsphere occasionally. Of course, you are supposed to go besmirch other's comment sections with it, but I just can't bring myself to become part of that. I'll give the six facts about myself thought. I suppose they are just six short anecdotes about yourself.

1)  I just learned a second ago what goulash means. Nat was telling a story about her friend who was cooking a pot pf goulash and was surprised to learn that it is based on a sort of hobo-stew from Eastern Europe.
2) I've met one professional football player. He was the son of a designer who worked at my old job. He seemed like a nice guy for the three seconds I knew him.
3) I believe that there is no such thing as perfection, random, or true. You can prove that anything called random has some kind of order to it. You can call things perfect, but nothing ever is. No matter how much proof you have not every one is going to accept the truth.
4) I type and turn my head in my sleep like I'm flipping back and fourth between computer screens. (according to Nat)
5) I have lived in Houston all my life and I never went to Astroworld or Waterworld. ever. I'm 37. Now, it is too late, and I don't really miss it.
6) When I go to gathering I would rather take pictures than participate.

Not quite in the spirit of the game, but informative.

2 comments:

obiwanchunn said...

Responding to #3:
Just because you can't prove random, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just because nothing is perfect does not mean the concept is meaningless. And just because someone doesn't accept it, doesn't make it not true.

Oh, and you shouldn't be wasting valuable faith on faithless items such as these. :)

TxGoodie said...

Hi...just wanted to say I've been in Houston since 1960 (which it seems is longer than you've been alive!) and I never went to Astroworld either. My kids went, but I don't "do" rides since I threw up all over a large group of good Catholic bazaar goers when I was about 9 or so. I was on this thing with lots and lots of swing chairs on long chains and they'd get it to going around and around and it was great fun...except when you lose your cotton candy and such.... ;-) Then people want to stone you or something.... oh, worse than stoning would of been turning you over to the Gestaponuns!