It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-25

More on JAlbum
Remember my past rants on JAlbum?

The command to fix the problem

cat JAlbuminstall.bin | sed -e 's/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/g' > JAlbuminstall2.bin
Run this in the same folder with JAlbuminstall.bin. Then run the JAlbuminstall2.bin file to install the program.
It appears you have to run the same command on the JAlbum binary after you install. I run from the .jar, so I'm not sure if this is needed or not. Now, I get to reconstruct my favorite skin. That doesn't please me either. Did I mention I'm pissed at this whole mess?

Here is the guy who had the answer up on his blog. Big thanks.

Here are the errors I got before.

[kelly@localhost soft]$ sudo ./JAlbuminstall.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This whole situation pisses me off. This should have never made it to the public. This kind of thing reeks of lack of testing. I do programming in Linux all day long. This kind of thing makes Linux look bad. That makes my software look bad. I hate that. JAlbum is normally a pretty good product. They need to do a bit more testing on different platforms before inflicting their cruddy software on the public.

No comments: