It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-04-01

Inside Man
Nat and I went to see Inside Man. It is a Hollywood attempt to a twist on the old heist film. I won't give it away. It got me thinking though. If you had something you needed to do and you were willing to do almost anything to get it done. Where would you draw the lines? What would be the limit?
Only robe people. Institutions are made up of multiple people. People are who your are robbing from, not institutions like banks or museums. People value what ever it is you are steeling. People will try to catch you.
Only steel that which will not be missed. If you take something that no one knows is there, or that every one has forgotten about, you will not have to run away.
Only steel from people who will not suffer a loss. If the person doesn't care, or know they were robbed, where is the harm? Well, it is still wrong after all.
Only take what is given freely. Well, I've always said please and thank you will get you a surprisingly long way in this life.
It all boils down to people. Learn people and you learn life. Every day I program computers. I understand computers and how they work. I cannot figure out even a single person. It is like that part of my brain was never in the box.
I can tell a person the truth or a lie. I can only tel la computer what to do. If I give a person an order, that person takes it onto themselves to do the task. A computer just does the task without consideration. It really is just a bundle of switches. You give the right list of commands and you get the predictable answer. With people, you just can't predict the outcome.
OY. I better stop now.

No comments: