It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-13

Nat and I went to see Ultraviolet Friday evening. I liked it. There were about five scenes where she takes on ten guys armed with machine guns and kills them all with her sword in like three seconds. It was quite cool. I have no idea how true to the comics/graphic novels the story is. I don't really care. I don't have the time to read the novels and absorb them. I know they are deep and I would want to follow them to their depth.

DnD
What a great session of DnD. I had a blast. Nat came over and hung out with us for quite a bit of it. I don't know if she had fun or not, but I'm glad she went. Maybe I can get her interested in playing.
I believe we had two major encounters. One was in a village full of these little frog creatures. Hey, they started it. We were trying to pass through and the wake from one of our canoes toppled a mud hovel and they attacked. It was 45 to 6. We did pretty well. If there were sixty of them, I think we would have done much worse.
The second battle was against a bunch of lizard creatures who were steeling babies from a local village. How evil is that? There was an interesting twist to the whole steeling babies part of the plot that ends up with us choosing to not save the babies.
Ethan and Alexis got into a fist fight over dice. Their mom came over later and they both said "you missed the show." Their mom didn't miss a beat. "Was there a big fight." We all fell out of our chairs. Jut before that Susan's little boy and girl (two and three) were at each other's throats. It was a reoccurring theme.

Fedora Core 4
I got Fedora Core 4 installed yesterday. It like it. It is roughly the version we use at work. I'm getting things to work one at a time, just like Ubuntu. I'm writing this entry on it. I'm using the hard drive that had my Windows installation. That is gone now. I only booted it up once to get some data and that was about it. goodbye and good riddance. I'm down to my last Windows installation and that one will go away as soon as I can get eMule and a client for dynDNS.org to work in Linux.

House Hunting
Nat and I got in touch with a friend of ours who is a real estate agent. She has graciously offered to guide us through the home purchase process. Hopefully we can talk with her this evening. I'm sure I'll have more questions after we speak. That is normal in a complex process like this.

No comments: