It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-30

House hunting
We saw some houses yesterday. I was tired after getting off work at six. That is a pretty good time to look at houses, because you know you are not going to fall in love with anything. One had no electricity. I know it can just be turned back on, but it made the house feel like there was something wrong. It also had waisted space. There was a convergence of two hallways that nearly took up enough space to be another room. Most builders consider hallways a waist of space. The designer of this one must have had a hall fetish.  It had a funny wet-bar island right in the middle of the living room. There was a ton of space, but it was inefficient.
Another house was small. When I walked in the front door I banged my nose into the back door. There was no dining room or breakfast area. The kitchen had an island that was out away from everything else. Even if you took out the island you would not have enough room for a table. A third house was nice except for this seventies paneling. The garage smelled like a combination of dead skunk and mildew. I think they all needed new carpet and paint.
We missed the one house Nat and I both loved from the get-go.  I was settling in on a house I originally nixed. I didn't like the colors, but we would have had to paint anyway. The one thing I'm going to remember that house is the poor dalmatian that was locked up in the back yard while we toured. It looked scared and sick. Turns out the house has an offer on it anyway.

No comments: