It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-03-05

House Hunting
I figure we might qualify for $150,000 loan with room to survive. Every house we just looked at in this area was just under a quarter of a million dollars. They are beautiful homes. We will not be able to afford them. Nat would love to live out in the country. Well, that's great. I would love to live out somewhere too. I cannot drive. Nat will not be able to drive me sometimes. I need to live near the bus lines. Those neighborhoods are usually pretty shitty. So, we need to find a good house in a good neighborhood near the bus routs that is about $150,000 or so. That is a tall order in West Houston. If only I could get away from the bus lines. Metro Lift is not a viable or reliable option. It is just not good enough.
There are millions of apartments. There are probably town homes and junk like that. I want a house. The only sure investment is a tombstone. The next best thing is a middle class house in a good neighborhood that stays good.
Nat is out  right now looking at more houses. She has a bunch of energy for the moment. I bet both our levels will come and go. Wish us luck. Please leave advice in the comments.

1 comment:

Alexis Arr. said...

"The only sure investment is a tombstone. "

That's our Kelly!