It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-02-27

Day
What was I thinking today? Something interesting. Something funny happened. Something serious. It was all the same thing. It happens every day. It is most always different. It's called life.
I went to work. Elle went to the hospital. Her legs hurt. It turns out she had sat funny and her legs fell asleep. She just did the same thing a little while ago. She cried like something was trying to eat her alive. Nat and I convinced her to walk around a bit. She was fine in two minutes. I'm keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't sit like that again. What are you going to do?
In other news, I went through a code review at work today. Ouch. It was enlightening. I learned a lot. It was one of the most taxing things I've had to sit through in a while. One of the other programmers showed me a drawing of stick figures. One had his head on a block and the other was about to chop it off. That is kind of how it feels. I don't have a problem as long as I feel like I'm learning something and the code is somehow better after the fact. I do have trouble with making changes just to make changes. I know that will happen too. I just have to remember that I'm paid by the hour and the people who pay me are the ones making the changes.
What is in the above paragraphs that makes this whole thing add up to life? Well, everything. I also sat down and watched an episode of the Simpson's that I had not seen before. I took the bus home. Nat dropped me off at work. I skipped lunch and went to the video store to drop off some late movies. I'm watching A History of Violence. I don't think much of that adds up to life.

No comments: