It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-02-01

Day
Next
We had a conversation at lunch today about replacing computers. I mouthed off that the next big thing will be an iPod that you plug straight into a DVR. You can then take your TV shows with you. This is the next obvious step in my book. I've heard of attempts at this over seas. I'm convinced it is only the rights to the shows and people in power wanting too much money that queer the deal.
Cinelerra
A commenter left a great link to a Beginner's guide to Cinelerra. That is the video editing software that I finally got to install the other day. How cool is that? I have not really accomplished anything yet. I'm glad to be able to capture the video in the first place. I bet I can get those wedding videos to work. Now, I just need to find them.
DnD
It looks like DnD may start back up soon. Ethan, with a bit of help from his lovely wife, had a baby. I've been chomping at the bit. I've missed hanging out with my friends.
Job
Today was a busy day. I trained some people to do what I did. I found out that an old application that I wrote for Microsoft Access 97 just works for Access 2002. I thought for sure some conversion would be required. I feel a bit proud of myself. I wrote that code in 2001 or so. I tried to at least use the correct database calls. It was ADO. I didn't expect it to work without any modifications.

No comments: