It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-01-25

Creepy
At my current day job, I use the stairs quite a bit. I've griped about the elevators before. Anyway, today I ran from the third to the fourth floor only to get chills when the florescent light on the fourth floor was blinking and making that buzzing noise, just like in the first-person shooters. Suddenly, I felt naked without an MP-5 and a belt of grenades. I subconsciously swung around a step to look up the next flight of stairs (roof access) just to be sure.  I swung the door open and quite deliberately looked before continuing. I really didn't mean to do any of it.
In some of these games, you have mines you put on the wall or floor. The one I'm thinking of was armed by a timer and sent a beam out at a 90 degree angle. If you crossed the beam, ka-boom. There is a hallway down stairs that has a black, clunky thermostat right in the middle of a long white hallway that reminds me every time of one of these mines. It makes me want to duck (crouch) as I pass.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for coming by my site, Kelly, you Lambergheni, you!

Jonathan said...

Thanks for weighing in at my site, Kelly! Please feel free to drop in and comment often! :-)