It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-24

MilBlog buddy
This is a friend's blog. He is in Iraq and comments on how proud he is to be part of freeing a nation.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Still here
Current mood: relaxed
Category: Life

  Well, it's Christmas eve and I'm in Iraq.  To be honest, it's not so bad.  Yeah, I'm away from my family and friends, but if anyone has been paying attention to the news, you'd know that Iraq just got finished with their elections.  Most people are like, "Yeah, whatever.", but the people here are thankful that we have brought them a chance to vote.  I personally was involved with making sure ballots were sent out to the right polling sites and tracked each truck that went out.  Then after the voting was complete, I (and the small group of 4 with me) tracked the trucks as they returned with the ballots.  During that time, we spent quite a bit of quality time with the Iraqi Army soldiers.  They told us, if it wasn't for the U.S. and all the allied forces, they would still be under Saddam's control and wouldn't have been able to have a voice as they do now.  People back in the states take for granted all the freedoms they have.  They don't have to worry about being killed for saying the wrong thing.  They don't have to live on only $100 a month and try to support a family.  We are a very spoiled nation and after just being here for 4 months, I now cherish the things I have more than before.  Be thankful every day that you live in a country that has so much freedom.  Even if you don't support what we are doing here, it won't stop me from sleeping at night because I know that I am helping a country with their freedom.

I'm off my soap box now.  Have a good one.

That is a MySpace blog so i have no idea if any one can pop in. Give it a try.

No comments: