It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-31

Last Day of the Year
Today is the last day of the year of our Lord 2005. It has been a hell of a year for me. We just went to lunch with a friend and his family. It was a ton of fun. I missed hanging out. We talked about blogs and the Wikipedia debacle. We talked about kids and jobs. We talked about all the things that happen to us on a daily basis. It all made me think about things that happened this last year.
What happened.
* I Got Married - This was a big one. I love Natalie. I like being married to her. I like spending time with her. I wish I could convey that to her. We have our moments of poor communication. I feel that there is nothing we can't make work.
* I Became a step dad - That is I met Elle and married her mom. That makes me her step dad. That still feels funny. If any one asked me a year ago if I wanted kids, I would have said I had no idea. I wouldn't have it any other way.
* I camped at Faire. I always wanted to go camp at Faire. I hadn't had the opportunity before. If I could afford it, I would go to Arizona this February for another Faire.
* I bought my first real 35mm type digital camera. I had no idea I would like this much. I got a video camera too, but I have not used it as much as I had hopped. If I figure out how to pull video using Linux, I'll use it more.
* I moved. I hate moving. With Elle, we needed a bigger place. it is still not big enough. I wish I could give them a castle.
* We bought a car.
There must be a couple of dozen other things I could add to that list. That kind of covers it.
What did not change.
* I still have my vision. I worry every day that I will get a detached retina or some other catastrophic change will occur in my vision.
* I still have my health. Ever since I was diagnosed with a funky heartbeat (Early Ventricular Contraction) I worry with every sore rib, heartburn, or stomach cramp.
* We have not been robbed. I worry about that all the time too.
* I still have my parents. That is a good thing. Nothing bad has happened to them.
* I still have my job. I complain a lot, but I'm glad to be employed. I recently put updated my resume and set it adrift. Not sure if any good will ever come of it.
So, some very important things stayed the same.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs)

PVCs are early extra beats beginning in the lower chambers of the heart (ventricles). PVCs are common. Most of the time they cause no symptoms and require no treatment. In some people, PVCs can be related to stress, too much caffeine or nicotine, or exercise. But sometimes, PVCs can be caused by heart disease or electrolyte imbalance. People who have a lot of PVCs, and/or symptoms associated with them, should be evaluated by a heart doctor.

Why did you not tell me about this?