It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-18

Helping A Friend
Nat is in Far East Texas. A friend of ours needed some help and she volunteered. Nat is good people. Elle is over at Bills for the rest of the day. I've been on my own most of yesterday and probably will be most of today. You know, having the place to myself is not what it used to be. I just don't like it any more. I'm thinking that is a good thing.
I was thinking I could get a bunch of stuff done, but guess what. I've been a lazy lump. I've sat here and piddled around (U. S. definition of basically wonder around and get nothing of significance done) and watched some movies. I've commented on some web sites, read some blogs.
Oh, I killed three hours looking for a bolt action rifle that reverses for left handed use. I found one. The trouble is you cannot use the search term "left hand" or "ambidextrous" because they all have ambidextrous safeties. I found some purpose built left handed bolt action rifles. They are just as bad as a right handed one. I suppose I'm just going to have to avoid bolt action all together. There is always lever action. They jam more, but they work. I would get a semiautomatic, but people seem to frown on those. I'm probably not going hunting. If I do go hunting I will be more interested in taking pictures than shooting an animal. It would be nice to know how to do it though.
Anyway. I'm making a pot of coffee. I'm watching movies. I miss my family. Funny, that makes me smile.

1 comment:

Celtic Gypsy said...

Our car has amazing gas mileage. I filled it up right after leaving our home. I then drove to Beaumont, stopped the car. Started it back up and drove to Buna. The next morning, I drove back to Beaumont and stopped the car. Started it back up and drove to Winnie, where I stopped it again. I started it back up and drove back to Houston. The car only used in between 1/4 and 1/3 of a tank. The gas tank only holds 13.2 gallons of gas. The drive was around 236 miles. So if I am calculating this correctly our car got around 53 or 54 miles to the gallon. Someone check that for me to see if it is correct.