It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-07

Christmas Spirit
I'm finding myself in the Christmas Spirit. I haven't felt this way in a long while. It is a good thing I'm broke or I'd blow all kinds of money on decorations and toys for Elle. Well, I'm still going to get some toys for Elle, mostly things that can say are educational in some way. Natalie is a big Christmas freak. I have to say that I like that about her. She picked up a small Christmas tree and some battery lights for the wreath that she already had in a box. We don't have the little lights up yet. I want to get a picture of them when they are up.
The last time I felt any Christmas spirit was a couple of years ago when I bought a PlayStation II and a remote control truck for my parents. They had expressed how this was going to be a light Christmas due to some problems with business. I decided that was the perfect time to get a bit crazy. They plaid the ATV game that came with the PS II for a couple of hours and chased the dogs around with the RC truck. All in all, it was a capital occasion.
This year we (as in Nat, myself, and all the grandparents) will have Elle and at least one other grandchild to enjoy the season with. Elle is a great kid to have around when presents are passed out. She loves receiving. I'm sure as she matures, she will appreciate the joys of giving too. I've only known her for a short while, but she seems to have a deep personality.

No comments: