It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-11-26

Ubuntu (continued)
Well, I got mp3s to play. It involved installing GStreamer0.8-Lame as a module. After that, GXime would play mp3s fine, including streams from web pages.
Most of the movies play in Totem as long as I don't attempt to fast forward.
Flash works, except there is no sound. A bunch of stuff works half-assed.
I had to try about five different RSS aggregaters before I found one that only kind of sucks. They all worked, but one would not support categories. Another would not allow copy and paste. There were things missing in every single programs including the one I went with called Liferea Reader.
For reading out loud, I use Kttsmgr. It seems to require the generic screen reader and magnifier system from Ubuntu to work. It takes about twice as long to get used to as the others I've tried in the MS world. I suppose it is just the "voice" I chose, but I would swayer it has an Irish accent.
I'm still working on burning DVDs. I did get the NTFS partition mounted read only. I've heard there are ways to mount it read write, but I'm not that interested. Once I get those files burned, I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep that partition.
More to come later.

No comments: