It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-11-21

Last Weekend of Fair
I have got to figure out a way to write blog entries at fair. Ken has a laptop with an internet connection, but I feel like I'm imposing for some reason. He would smack me in the back of the had if he read that. (when he reads it) I just know I would be in the truck for hours trying to publish everything and missing more cool things to blog about. Oh,well, maybe I'll invest in one of those industrial closed laptops that can be flung from a truck without a scratch. (not)
I was not prepared for the attitude of last weekend. I had heard people discuss the days like it was a separate event from the rest of the fair. It was not a continuous Animal House or Frat party or anything. It was a bunch of people from all over the place drinking a lot of alcohol and all acting rather nice to each other. Jen nearly had to beat some guy's ass for swiping a bunch of sodas out of a cooler. Fortunately, a stern warning that we will in fact call the cops was all that was needed. It's funny that people don't know cops patrol out there. That was about the worst thing that happened that I remember off hand. One guy was carried into the camp by a young woman who was quite a bit smaller than he was. We thought he had alcohol poisoning for a minute, but he was sorted out as just being very drunk. One of the guys bought about $200 worth of boos. He had five different flavors of Rum. I'm not a big pineapple fan, but that was the best rum, barely over taking the vanilla.
I was late to work this morning. I was not hung over. Somehow, I had messed up the setting of the alarm. I must have messed with it at some point because it was not set for any coherent time. The Sun woke me. I'm like "crap!" Nat is like "What?" I'm like "The Sun is up." She is like "oops." Well my day went OK for being two hours late to work. I still managed to put in a full day.
Tons of pictures, trying new things, rebate first
I took a ton of pictures, but I have promised myself that I will not put them up until I do a certain rebate's paperwork. I refuse to let the bastards get my $20. I refrained from taking the real camera until this weekend because it is such a distraction while walking around. I do enjoy it so. Nat was an angel and supported my habit while we went from place to place. She forgave me for wondering off and stepping on her toes when I was moving around without looking to get that "perfect" shot that was just out of frame, or just a bit too close. If I ever jump off a cliff, look for the camera nearby that I was looking through when I stumbled off the precipice.
I was trying to do a bunch of semi-candid portrait shots this time around. Most of the photographers who I have met a fair do an amazing job of catching emotion and that depth of being, that I'm lacking. I'm not too bad at framing a shot and getting it recognizable. I have not found the magic that lets me reflect the sole yet. I'm quite sure that about five of the four hundred or so I took are pretty good. I'm going to go through them at length and weed out the really horrible ones, so stay tuned.
There were a bunch of politics this season at Fair. I'm sure those of you who go to the event are saying "Welcome to camp, Kelly." I'm just not used to all that stuff. Having been a loner for so long, this he said - she said stuff is getting on my nerves. I need to grow a thicker skin and learn who to listen to a bit better.
Words learned this year at fair
Fuck-Tard - More politically correct form of retard.
Prosti-tot - When a very young girl with too much chest for her own good dresses like a whore because she thinks it will get her attention.
Fair-bookers - The black kryptonite one removes from the upper respiratory system after camping at fair. Brought on by the dust stirred up by all the fuck-tards who didn't read the rules about open fires. Added are the sea of tiki-torches, Colman lanterns, propane heaters, propane stoves, propane showers, exhaust from generators, cars, RVs and general human wofts that occur in such a gathering.

2 comments:

Celtic Gypsy said...

fair-bookers is suppose to fair(e)-boogers. I saw that and wondered what he was talking about until I read the description.

Celtic Gypsy said...

oh yeah...he got his lantern back...he was so happy...he also had a first happen in the camp grounds...