It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-11-28

Family Adventures
Email # 1

Hi All

Ron is in Cabo San Lucas, the transmission went out on the boat about 85
miles north of Cabo on Wednesday Night, he then had the adventure of his
life and by the grace of God he and the crew survived.  It's his story to
tell and I'll not take the time now.  His email address is
<ZZZ@ZZZ.com>.  He will be in Cabo until the transmission is
fixed and then will take the boat on to La Paz.  I don't know if that is
days or could be weeks.  I'm staying at Kerri's house in Long Beach and
Boomer and I are doing fine.

I'm still recovering from the shock of what happened and I hope and pray he
decides to give this up.

Love ya Judi

Well, I got on the stick and emailed her back with something to the effect "WTF happened?!?" Or maybe it was more like "Our prayers are with you as always. What happened?"
Email # 2

They ran into a storm, 15-20 knot winds, no engine, couldn't use the sails
in that high of seas.  Waves 12-15 feet high.  One of the crew called the
Mexican Navy and lied about being sick, they came out and took him off the
boat but couldn't help Ron.  That left Ron with 2 crew.  They finally made
Cabo and anchored at night in the fog, one of the crew fell asleep on watch
and they drug anchor 9 miles back out to sea.  Finally had to be rescued by
the Mexican Navy, seas were so rough, a large fishing boat finally went out
to bring them in.
One crew member was a diabetic and he had run out of meds and was going in
and out of trances, the other a green sailor (he's the one who fell asleep
on watch).  I guess Ron had made peace with God and said goodbye to everyone
in his prayers.  It is a miracle they made it out alive...I'm still trying
to figure out what he thinks is so great about this.  Thanks for the prayers
Judi

I'm still hurting for details. It kind of reminds me of the movie Captain Ron. All my Uncle needs in an eye patch. I will try to give some more details if they come up. It definitely sounds like someone in my family is having the real kind of adventures.

No comments: